Birding Tours 0030
Yangon – Putao - Yangon(15 days/ 14 nights)
Day-1 Yangon (Arrival)
Upon arrival at Yangon Airport, welcome by local guide and
transfer to your hotel. Your journey begins with an
afternoon tour through Yangon’s colonial-style city center.
Visit Sule Pagoda, dating back over 2,000 years ago; the
magnificent reclining Buddha at Chauk Htat Gyi and after a
photo stop at the Karaweik Hall, a 'hamsa-bird-shaped'
floating barge on Kandawgyi (Royal) Lake; stroll through the
Bogyoke Aung San Market (formerly known as Scotts Market)
with hundreds of food, clothes, handicrafts and gems stores.
Complete your first day in Myanmar with an extended visit to
one of the world’s most spectacular monuments, the Shwedagon
Pagoda. Lunch and dinner at own account. Overnight stay in
Yangon-Putao (By Flight)
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast, transfer to the airport
and leave for Putao by air. Arrive at Putao Airport,
transfer to Khakabo Inn. Lunch at restaurant. After lunch,
sightseeing in Putao. Dinner and overnight stay at Khakabo
Inn in Putao.
Day-3 Putao-Sanggong (By Car)
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast, proceed to upper
Sanggong from Putao by car. Lunch on the way. After lunch,
trekking to Wasang Dam. Dinner and overnight stay at Wasang
Dam. (23 miles)
Day-4 Wasang Dam-Ziya Village
In the early morning, breakfast at Wasang Dam and then
trekking and hiking to Ziya village. Lunch on the way.
Dinner and overnight stay at Ziya village (12 miles)
Day-5 Ziya-Chaung Sone Village
After breakfast, proceed to Chaung Sone by trekking and
hiking (10 miles). Lunch on the way. In the evening, arrive
at Chaung Sone. Dinner and overnight stay at Chaung Sone
Breakfast at Chaung Sone. After breakfast, proceed to
Kautaukmyit camp by trekking and hiking (7 miles). Lunch on
the way. Dinner and overnight stay at Kautaukmyit camp.
Day-7 Kautaukmyit-Base Camp
Breakfast at Kautaukmyit camp. After breakfast, proceed to
the base camp (8 miles). Lunch on the way. After trekking
and hiking about 8 miles, stay for one night at the base
Day-8 Base Camp and environs
Breakfast at the base camp. After breakfast, stroll around
the base camp. Lunch at the base camp. Trekking to the
surroundings of the base camp. Dinner and overnight stay at
Day-9 Base Camp-Chaung Sone
In the early morning, breakfast at the base camp. After
breakfast, come back to Chaung Sone camp by trekking and
hiking (15 miles) . Lunch on the way. Dinner and overnight
stay at Chaung Sone camp.
Day-10 Chaung Sone-Khalang
Breakfast at Chaung Sone camp. And then proceed to Khalang
camp by trekking and hiking (14 miles). Lunch on the way.
Dinner and overnight stay at Kalang camp.
Breakfast at Khalang camp. After breakfast, proceed to
Wanglai Dam by trekking (8 miles). Lunch on the way. Dinner
and overnight stay at Wanglai Dam.
Day-12 Wanglai- Upper Sangong-Putao
After breakfast, trekking to upper Sangong. Lunch on the
way. After trekking from Wanglai Dam to Upper Sangong, drive
to Putao by our tour car (22 miles). Dinner at restaurant
and overnight stay at hotel in Putao.
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast, visit Machanbaw town
with stone dragon, Guber Guest House, local market. Lunch at
restaurant. After lunch, proceed to Mulashidi suspension
In the early morning, breakfast at hotel. After breakfast,
stroll in Putao and visit local morning market. And then
check-out from hotel and transfer to Putao Airport to leave
In the evening, arrive at Yangon. Lunch at restaurant and
overnight stay at hotel in Yangon.
Day-15 Yangon (Departure)
After breakfast at the hotel, shopping to Bogyoke Market
(formerly known as Scott Market). Transfer to Yangon
International Airport for departure flight.
Birds Would be Seen on Putao Trip
- White-bellied Heron Ardea insignias
- Rufous-throated Partridge Arborophila rufogularis
- Blyth's Tragopan blythii
- Temminck's Tragopan Tragopan temminckii
- Pale-capped Pigeon Columba punicea
- Pin-tailed Pigeon Treron apicauda
- Wedge-tailed Pigeon Treron sphenura
- Blyth's Kingfisher Alcedo hercules
- Rufous-necked Hornbill Aceros nipalensis
- Pale-headed Woodpecker Gecinulus grantia
- Silver-breasted Broadbill Serilophus lunatus
- White-browed Scimitar-Babbler Pomatorhinus
- Red-billed Scimltar-Babbler Pomatorhinus
- Coral-billed Scimitar-Babbler Pomatorhinus
- Chetnut-backed Laughingthrush Garrulax nuchalis
- Rufous-necked Laughing thrush Garrulax ruficollis
- Blue-winged Laughing thrush Garrulax squamatus
- Black-headed Shrike-Babbler Pteruthius rufiventer
- Yellow-Throated Fulvetta Alcippe cinera
- Rufous-thorated fulvetta Alcippe rufogularis
- White-naped Yuhina Yuhina bakeri
- Rufous-headed Parrobill Paradoxrnis ruficeps
- Slaty-bellied Tesia Tesia Olivea
- Beautiful Nuthatch Sitta formosa
- Collared Myna Acridotheres olbocinctus
- Collared Treepie Crypsirina cucullata
- Snowy-Throated Babbler Stachyris Oglei
- Gold crest Regulus